Like other cosmetic surgeries, a breast enhancement has a pretty much permanent effect. Before pushing through with it, you have to carefully study your implant options prior to getting a boob job. Cost, feel, texture and size are the four things you would have to consider when deciding which of the two types you would want to use: saline or silicone implants.
SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
- Cost: When using saline implants for a boob job, cost of operation may vary depending on several factors, such as the country where it is to be done, the surgeon’s professional fee, and the particular brand of implants to be used. Generally though, saline implants should be about half the cost of silicone gel implants.
- Feel: Saline implants tend to feel less natural and a bit firmer than silicone gels.
- Texture: Saline implants can cause slight wrinkling along the lower sides of the breast where the implant is placed.
- Size: Saline implants can be micro-adjusted to balance the volume of the breasts.
SILICONE GEL BREAST IMPLANTS
- Cost: Like saline implants, the boob job cost with silicone gel implants may also vary depending on several factors. They would however, cost twice as expensive as their saline counterpart.
- Feel: Silicone gel implants feel more natural and softer than saline implants
- Texture: Silicone implants very seldom develop any wrinkling the way saline implants do. The only time wrinkling is usually developed is when capsule formation occurs, which isn’t very common in good brands of silicone implants.
- Size: Saline implants have an advantage over silicone implants in that the latter could not be micro-adjusted. The sizes of silicone gel implants are fixed in increments of 25cc to 30cc for implants up to 400cc in size, and increments of 50cc for implants above 400cc. Because of this, there may remain a slight imbalance in breast size for those whose breasts aren’t symmetrical.
You should note that there are other minor things to consider aside from the boob job cost, feel, texture and size post-op. Before deciding on how to go about the breast enhancement procedure, always discuss your options with your trusted surgeon.
Countries with Safe yet Affordable Boob Job Prices
Because of the expensive nature of breast enhancement, many people have started exploring other countries to have their surgeries done where the overall boob job prices are generally cheaper. This practice, known as “Medical Tourism,” is increasingly becoming popular and many countries from, South American to Southeast Asian have started advertising themselves as medical tourism destinations.
Going abroad for the sake of cutting back on boob job prices (and other medical procedures, for that matter) has its risks, especially if you are new to this practice. If you are planning to go abroad for a breast enhancement, you might want to check out the following countries that are the most popular destinations for this procedure.
- Thailand – Boob job prices in Thailand can go as low as US$2,000 to US$3,500. Some of the most trusted names are Naravee Aesthetic Center, Bangkok Plastic Surgery Clinic, and Chet Plastic Surgery.
- India – The most affordable breast enhancement procedures in India are worth around US$2,500 to US$4,600. Some trusted names are Ashirwad Hospital Surgical Center, Dr. Bhatti Surgical Center, and Dr. Ravi Mahajan Surgical Center.
- Costa Rica – The prices for breast augmentation in Costa Rica range from US$3,000 to US$6,000. Some trusted names include Dr. Mora Plastic Surgery, and the My Costa Rica Plastic Surgery Group.
- Argentina – In Argentina, the cheapest breast enhancement centers charge US$3,000 to US$4,000. PlacidWay and Sublimis are some of the most trusted surgical centers in the country.
- Mexico – Mexican cosmetic surgery centers offer breast enhancements for US$4,000 to US$5,000. Trusted centers and doctors include Cammel Plastic Surgery, Accualaser Plastic Surgery, and Acropolis Medical Spa.
- Singapore – Probably the country that charges the highest on this list, Singaporean surgical clinics offer breast enhancement procedures for US$5,000 to US$10,000. Trusted names include The Sloane Clinic, YEAP Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Clinic, Raffles Hospital Plastic Surgery Center, David Loh Surgery, and the TCS Aesthetics Central.
Getting a breast enhancement done doesn’t have to be ridiculously expensive. Check out these centers and their boob job prices to explore your options.
Best Incision Type for a Boob Job – Before and After, and Scarring Expectation Guide
Breast augmentation isn’t a one-size-fits-all cosmetic surgical procedure. There are many things that have to be considered before getting a boob job. Before and after the procedure, there are certain decisions that have to be made, one of which is the type of incision you to be used.
There are five types of incision placement options that surgeons use. Below are the three most favored incision types for a boob job; before and after photos with incision scar images are included to help you in making a decision.
Possibly the most favored incision type by both doctors and patients, a periareolar incision is made along the edges of your areola. This allows an easier access to the breast for the doctors, thus giving them room for greater precision as they work on your breasts. Patients also appreciate the fact that this type of incision leaves a very discreet scar that is almost undetectable.
This type of incision is made right where your skin folds under your breast, in the breast crease that forms when your arms are resting on your sides. The cut is generally hidden from view unless the breasts are held up.
Also a highly-favored incision type, a transaxillary incision is made in the armpit area. The breast implant is inserted from a side angle. Most patients who choose this type of incision do so because there is no visible scar made on the breast area, as shown on the boob job before and after and scar images below.
The type of incision you use would depend mostly on your personal preferences. Before the procedure, your surgeon will go over your different options. It would be very helpful if you were to request for some boob job before and after photos of his work on other women so that you could set your own expectations.