Many women seek out alternative ways of treating fibroids rather than opting for surgery and one way that women can help themselves is by looking at foods that shrink fibroids. Although diet on its own will not get rid of fibroids, there is no doubt that diet is an extremely important part of your overall strategy should you wish to use natural treatments. Hormone levels, specifically estrogen and progesterone, control the size and origin of the fibroids. One risk factor for uterine fibroids is diet and weight. A healthy lifestyle that includes a change in eating habits may be one way to prevent or shrink growths.
First of all, let your doctor examine you to rule out other more serious conditions. Get a complete gynaecological evaluation to rule out other conditions that may have symptoms similar to fibroids. Once other conditions, especially more serious condition like cancer, have been ruled out and you are certain that you only have fibroids, here are some things that can help reduce and get rid of fibroids naturally :
1. Reduce or eliminate your exposure to Xenoestrogens in order promote healthy estrogen metabolism.
Xenoestrogens are estrogens that are produced outside of the body. Here is a list of significant sources of xenoestrogens:
- Ethinyl estradiol (combined oral contraceptive pill, this is released into the environment as a xenoestrogen through the urine and feces of women who use this contraception)
- 4-Methylbenzylidene camphor known as 4-MBC (sunscreen lotions)
- Bisphenol A (found in polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resin)
- Growth hormones found in factory-farmed animal products
- Heptachlor and dieldrin, DDT (insecticides)
- PCBs polychlorinated biphenyls are used in industry in electrical insulators and in the manufacture of plastics; a toxic pollutant that can become concentrated in animal tissue.
- Foaming agents in soaps and detergents
- Atrazine (weed killer)
- Erythrosine, FD&C Red No. 3, (food dye)
- Butylated hydroxyanisole known as BHA (food preservative)
- Paraben is found in many creams and soaps. Anything that ends in paraben (methylparaben, propylparaben, etc) should be avoided.
- Phytoestrogens are compounds found in plants and animals that act like estrogen on the body. Some examples of phytoestrogens are soybeans and tofu and coffee.
2. Water Cleansing Diet. It shouldnt come as a surprise that some people with uterine fibroids find that their fibroids shrink dramatically and sometimes even disappear completely with a water fast. This makes a lot of sense, since drinking plenty of water ensures that toxins are flushed out of the body and if you do not drink enough fluids, toxins will accumulate in the organs, and this is thought to be one of the various reasons why fibroids form. In addition, constipation (also due to a lack of fiber in your diet) can be a by-product of not drinking enough and this again causes the accumulation of waste products which can be reabsorbed into the body. A water diet also forces the body to burn excess fat for energy, particularly after the two-day mark. Monitor your water intake to ensure you drink at least eight to ten glasses (2.6 litres) every day, more if you live in a warmer place. And finally, the best part of all of this information is that you dont have to do a water diet to effectively address estrogen dominance. So long as your food and lifestyle choices are in alignment with the suggestions listed below, you will give your body its best shot at preventing and shrinking uterine fibroids naturally.
3. Lose excess weight. Because fat cells produce estrogen, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is essential to addressing chronic estrogen dominance. Losing weight can potentially help shrink uterine fibroids naturally, because obesity has been proven as a risk factor in increasing the risk of uterine fibroids.
4. Eliminate or reduce the quantities of any processed meats, such as sausages, salami, ham, fatty meats and red meat in your diet other than salmon, mackerel, tuna and cold-water fish which actually help reduce inflamed tissues and fibroid irritation. According to the U.S. Health Department, consuming these animal products may put you at a higher risk for the development of fibroids. In general, avoid junk foods, fast foods, saturated fats, sugar, bleached white flour and processed foods. Also avoid alcohol and tobacco products.
5. Increase the amount of fresh vegetables you eat. Nutrients are generally higher when foods are in their raw state. Vegetables may include lettuce, broccoli, green beans, Brussels sprouts or spinach. Eat a salad before each meal, and add at least one green vegetable to both lunch and dinner. Use the color as your key: Any green vegetable has the potential to protect you from developing fibroids. So get into the habit of eating a salad daily, made up of a rainbow of colored vegetables as in general, the brighter the color, the higher the nutrients. Onions and garlic deserve a special mention. They are both excellent sources of antioxidants and help keep your female hormones in balance. You should include them wherever possible, particularly in their raw form. The fiber content in green vegetables and their digestive enzymes will help remove fibrin. If you cook vegetables, ensure they are just lightly cooked-steaming is an excellent way to preserve water soluble nutrients. If you do cook them in water, try to use the water in gravies or sauces.
6. Eat more fresh fruits are loaded with vitamins and bioflavanoids which are excellent for the body. Rather than concentrating on which fresh fruits you eat, it is important to understand, that they are all beneficial and to thoroughly wash the exterior of fruits and eat the skins where possible. Obviously some are better for you than others as they contain concentrated nutrients, such as kiwi fruits and blueberries but on the whole, a good balance of as wide a range of fruits is the best approach.
7. Eating the correct oils is also important for a fibroid diet. Olive oil and the Omega oils contained in oily fish are particularly useful for the body. Avoid saturated fats, including butters and those in cheeses.
8. Add whole grains, bran and other high-fiber foods to your meals. One side effect of fibroids may be constipation; additional fiber may help eliminate this problem.
9. Incorporate pinto beans, split peas, lima beans, black beans and kidney beans into your diet to diminish estrogen levels and thwart fibroid growth. Eat at least one helping of beans every day.
10. Other foods that shrink fibroids include beans, nuts and seeds, the most beneficial being flax, pumpkin and sunflower.
11. Eat nattokinase soy beans regularly. Natto is a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans and is commonly eaten for breakfast in Japan. It contains the fibrinolytic enzyme nattokinase. (Note: avoid all non fermented soy products).
12. Limit the amount of estrogen that enters your body. Reducing estrogen levels can naturally shrink fibroids. This includes limiting the use of birth control pills, hormone replacement drugs, spermicides and pesticides.
13. Practice stress reduction techniques. Chronic Stress can lead to a depletion of progesterone, which creates the same condition of estrogen dominance that a woman experiences when she has too much estrogen in her system. Taking the time to de-stress can help shrink fibroids naturally. Also get adequate sleep, since lack of proper sleep can contribute to stress.
14. Mix one to two tablespoons of molasses with 6 oz. milk and 1 tsp. water in a glass. Drink the concoction two times a day to improve internal iron levels, remedy issues related to anemia and increase your potassium levels.
15. Drink two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 oz. of water once each day to help with the elimination of body toxins and with fat loss.
16. To speed up fibroid elimination, take 3-4 digestive enzyme tablets two or three times daily on an empty stomach. As mentioned earlier, digestive enzymes help break up and dissolve fibrin. Be sure to include serrapeptase for maximum fibrin elimination.
17. Avoid saturated fats, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and junk foods, all of which may contribute to estrogen dominance.
18. Exercise should be part of your plan to prevent fibroids, especially if you are overweight. Create a fitness routine that includes both cardiovascular and muscle-building exercises. That should reduce your weight and improve your overall health. The National Uterine Fibroid Foundation recommends taking anti-inflammatory over-the-counter medication, such as ibuprofen, to help manage pain and shrink fibroid growths.
19. Castor Oil Packs are an ancient therapy that helps to cleanse and heal the body where they are placed. The castor oil has a drawing power the clears the body of excess tissues and toxins. Castor oil packs stimulate the lymphatic and circulatory system. The lymphatic system removes toxins and waste from the area stimulated by the castor oil pack. The promotion of circulation by the castor oil pack will also bring in fresh oxygenated, nutrient rich blood to the reproductive organs, including the uterus. This is vital to reducing and dissolving uterine fibroids. Do not use during menstruation. Warm up some castor oil and apply to the abdominal region. This will help to alleviate pelvic pain and cramping.
16. Avoid high-fat milk and cheeses. Incorporate low-fat dairy products into your diet to keep estrogen levels down.
17. Supplements. A number of supplements may be helpful in the prevention and even treatment of uterine fibroids. One of the recommended supplements includes flavonoids, as their anti-estrogenic properties may prove beneficial. Discuss their use with your doctor, as they may increase, rather than decrease, estrogen levels. In addition, a number of herbs such as saw palmetto and yarrow flowers, as well as Vitamin C, zinc and and Vitamin E may all be considered for their immune-boosting anti-oxidant properties. If uterine fibroids cause bleeding, foods high in iron may help if the bleeding causes anemia.
18. Fibroids Miracle is available to women who want to use natural ways to shrink fibroids. Fibroids miracle has successfully helped many thousands of women to shrink their fibroids. It recommends herbal remedies are a potent combination, which quite simply will provide you with the best means of shrinking your fibroids naturally available. The fibroids miracle system stands alone as an excellent way to shrink your fibroids. However, what sets it apart from anything else on the market is the 3 months free 24 hour email support. Many ladies use and embrace the support system completely, emailing on a regular basis. Its a well-known fact that we all do better with support in many areas of our lives and this is no different. Dealing with a condition such as fibroids is so much easier with friendly, expert help.